The Family and Consumer Sciences program is dedicated to assisting families and individuals achieve an optimal quality of life. The curriculum is applicable to both men and women. The purposes serve professions of teachers, extension, business, public communications, human services, homemakers and care providers.
Students may major in FCS with an emphasis in human services or culinary arts. Students may also minor in FCS or fashion merchandising.
- The Family and Consumer Sciences major offers students the opportunity to apply the FCS content to a variety of areas.
- The Human Services emphasis provides knowledge and skills in psychology, sociology, nutrition, meal management and family finance.
- The Culinary Arts emphasis offers courses that prepare students with the skills and knowledge necessary for a variety of career options in Culinary Arts: chefs, food service managers, head cooks, food safety experts, food service supervisors, etc.
- The Fashion Merchandising program is available as a minor only. Please contact an advisor for more information.
View the Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences degree plans:
- Family and Consumer Science Major
- Family and Consumer Science with Emphasis in Human Services emphasis
- Family and Consumer Science with Emphasis in Culinary Arts emphasis
Degree Offered: Bachelor of Science
Available as a major, minor
New Mexico Alternative Licensure: 7–12